Easy Tomato Pasta
- 1 Tablespoons olive oil
- 0.5 Small onion diced
- 0.5 Garlic clove crushed or finely chopped
- 200g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 0.5 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- A small handful of basil roughly chopped
- 150g Pasta
- 1.5 Sundried tomatoes
- Grated cheddar or parmesan
Pour the olive oil in a medium saucepan and add the onion. Put on a low heat and sweat the onion, with the lid on, for about 5 minutes, until the onion is softened but not brown. Stir occasionally.
Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and half the basil. Turn the heat up and bring to the boil, then cook for 10-15 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta according to the packet instructions/your own preferences. Add the sundried tomatoes to the pasta to rehydrate.
Just before the pasta is ready, fish out the sundried tomatoes, then chop them finely and add to the sauce.
Drain the pasta and stir into the sauce with a couple of tablespoons of the cooking water from the pasta. Serve sprinkled with the cheese and the remaining basil.
- Add a splash of olive oil in with the pasta to avoid it sticking together
- Simply double or half the ingredients to make this recipe for 1 or 4 people as it’s currently set for 2
- Dried garlic or garlic granules work just as well as fresh garlic if you have it in the cupboard
- If you want to add a bit more protein or substance fry off some chicken or bacon and pop it in the sauce