{"id":3021,"date":"2017-02-15T14:58:21","date_gmt":"2017-02-15T14:58:21","guid":{"rendered":"http:\/\/club.runthrough.co.uk\/?p=3021"},"modified":"2017-02-15T14:58:21","modified_gmt":"2017-02-15T14:58:21","slug":"runner-feature-lucy-dans-wedding-quest","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/club.runthrough.co.uk\/runner-feature-lucy-dans-wedding-quest\/","title":{"rendered":"Runner Feature – Lucy & Dan’s Wedding Quest"},"content":{"rendered":"\n

\"Runner<\/p>\n

Lucy and Dan took part in our Victoria Park 5k as the first run in their challenge for 2017 – Lucy is running a race each month of the year in her wedding dress. They tell us more about why they are doing it….<\/p>\n

Name<\/b>: Lucy & Daniel Dorey-Robinson
\nAge<\/b>: 27
\nLocation<\/b>: Hertfordshire
\nFavourite distance<\/b>: I like a 10k for the challenge, but Dan is new to this, so his favourite is 5k!
\nFavourite running shoe<\/b>: I love my Nike trainers.
\nFavourite clothing brand (for running)<\/b>: No particular favourite, though I tend to run in Adidas tights<\/p>\n

Dan and I met during freshers week at Aberystwyth University in 2008, friendship was immediate, and we were in a relationship within the year. We moved to London area to do our respective PhDs and got married on 12th March 2016<\/strong> at the Royal Marines Museum, Portsmouth.<\/p>\n

So why are we doing it? <\/b>For me, it all started because I wanted more opportunities to wear my wedding dress<\/strong>, I didn’t want it to just collect dust in a box somewhere and I didn’t want it’s only achievement to be getting married. I saw the smiles that wearing my dress put on everyone else’s faces and thought that this would be the perfect opportunity for me to raise some money for charity. I chose Cancer Research UK<\/strong> because my grandad survived 2 different cancers, though he passed away last year due to side effects of a third cancer, and that was just a few short months after our wedding. We were always optimistic and forever grateful to Cancer Research UK for the work they have done helped produce the treatments that cured 2 of those cancers. In light of that, and in memory of my fabulous grandad, I wanted to dedicate my efforts this year to him and to Cancer Research UK.
\n\"Runner<\/p>\n

\"Runner<\/p>\n

We aim to raise £1000<\/strong> by the end of this year by doing 1 run a month<\/strong>, art sales and bake sales. Once we get to our half way point, £500, Dan will start running in a suit! We have called the mission “I’m the beast” because my dress is an Alfred Angelo dress Disney collection based on Beauty and the Beast.<\/p>\n

Already we have raised 1\/4 of our target!!!<\/strong><\/p>\n