Homemade Burger and Chips
- 1.25 kg potatoes
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 500 g pack beef mince
- 4 giant white baps, toasted
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 75 g pack young leaf salad
Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Wash the potatoes and cut into finger-width chips. Spread in a single layer on a large non-stick baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake for 45 minutes, turning every 15 minutes.
Using the same pan you used to cook the onion mixture, fry the burgers for about 3 minutes on each side. Transfer to a baking sheet and cook in the oven for a further 10 minutes, until cooked through, piping hot and no pink colour remains.
Serve each burger in a white or brioche bap with any sauce of salad you like.
- You can follow the same instructions using a different mince meat.
- Simply half or quarter the ingredients to make this recipe for 1 or 2 people as it’s currently set for 4